Wednesday, 20 September 2017

A new designer and I finally blogged again - whoot!

Hi Everyone,

I know I've totally dropped the ball on blogging all of my weekly sews, I have no excuse really...

However, I'd love to tell you a little about this debut pattern from Moocuzzi. I've (virtually) known Raquel for quite some time now, we've both been testers on other projects together and so I'm incredibly excited to show you her debut pattern - the Primrose Pinafore.



The low-down: Sizes 0-10 which is a nice big size range, a LOAD of  options - suspender skirt, paperbag waist skirt and pinny with or without flutters.

I made the pinny with flutters - I totally forgot to take a photo of the back stupidly, it's an open back traditional pinafore style and the straps criss cross and tie up in loops on the waistband



I always go by my kids measurements for any pattern, I made a size 3 for my 3 yo and it's a perfect fit. Excellent finishes with all the waist seams and strap seams enclosed - very clever construction and great instructions.

I used this gorgeous small floral print from Dizzy Daisy Fabrics, called Nadia. I think it was perfect for this project and I'd been hoarding it as it's one of my favourites.



And, CUTE!!! Because in my mind - cute is everything!! My poppet decided she HAD to bring a book along to our walk in the "deep, dark, wood" so I figured I'd use it as a photo opportunity ha!


Make sure you join the Pattern Group on Facebook to keep up to date with any future releases.

Happy Sewing
T xx

PS: none of my blog posts contain affiliate links



Monday, 3 July 2017

Sewing Challenge - June extras

When i first started my sewing challenge, I thought I'd struggle to make one new item a month but it seems I've been able to make one new item per week and sometimes even more than one!! The last week of June, I made three new things! The Polly Pinny that I blogged about earlier as well as these two outfits!

First up, I got this divine small floral from Wildflower Fabric Store and I had spotted the CKC Honey's pattern earlier in the week and instantly knew this fabric would be perfect for it!

You really need to go by your childs chest measurements for this one because in spite of the back being time up, you need the front to fit properly for it to not wrinkle too much.



The other thing I would possibly do different next time I make this is change the location of the first loop to just under the arms so there isn't that huge gap where the armhole finishes and the loop starts. I hope that makes sense!


But all in all, it was a reasonably decent fit, there was a little wrinkling on the side. I suspect if you ditched the last 1.5" of the front bodice and made the skirt longer by the same amount, this might fix itself - I'll let you know on the next one I make. 


The next outfit I made was a Marty Hoodie from Issue 11 of One Thimble. My little miss is a skinny little thing and almost never fits store bought properly - if it fits around the chest then it's too short and if it's long enough then it's bulky around the chest and she looks like she's swimming in it! 

Solution? make my own! I also decided to do the Freezer Paper Stencilling from issue 11 - a generous friend cut out the unicorn stencil for me on her scan n cut (which I now NEED!!!) and mailed it to me! Miss almost-five did most of the painting of the unicorn (I tidied up her brush strokes) and this smile was so worth the few minutes of extra work!


Pockets of course were the big win - she loves pockets! 


 And that big hood is perfect for covering her whole head, ears and all!

I thought I'd include some extra pics that I thought were rather cute haha - she grabbed my star wand and decided she'd turn me into a goat....


 I used up some of my precious Tadah Fabric for this because it's so soft and lovely to sew with!

All in all, a very productive week!!

Happy Sewing
T xx