Tuesday 28 July 2015

Birthday present prepping!

So, of course I've left it till the last moment to start organising my daughters 3rd birthday presents!!!

While I wait eagerly on the mail man to (hopefully) bring her gifts before we fly to New Zealand on Saturday, I decided to make her a couple of things as well. 

A couple of weeks ago I made her and a little friend of hers, some matching My Little Pony Skater Skirts and had a bunch of oddly shaped scraps. The girls loved the skirts so much!! And ummm cute much?!?


Anyway, back to the oddly shaped scraps!! I was going to make them matching tee's using the scraps as appliqué and then I saw the Make it Perfect Mink Messenger Bag in a PDF pattern group on Facebook and I knew I had to make one for my girl - she had been asking for a 'hangbag' for a while now, for her all important crayons and trinkets and frankly I was over finding them on the bottom of my 'hangbag'.

When I downloaded the pattern I noticed you needed bias. Let me preface this with - I HATE BIAS!! Hate making it, hate sewing it! But I had nothing remotely matching bright, rainbow coloured ponies in my stash so *sigh* I resigned to the fact I'd have to make it myself!

There is a method in the pattern instructions, but I'm a really visual learner and a friend of mine had sent me the link to a great tutorial for how to cut long lengths of bias, so I watched that one again - 20 times... Maybe 25... Yes, it took that long for it to click.... Have I mentioned I hate bias???!?

Once the bias curse was sorted, the rest was super quick. I put my daughter to bed at 8 and had two 90% made by the time hubby had finished his emails and was ready to watch some more House of Cards with me at 9.30! 

I know I said it was for her birthday present, but I may not be able to wait that long to give it to her


I mean, seriously? How can I wait?? 

Now to start on the next item - an Art Caddy to keep all those crayons safely in. 

T xx

No comments:

Post a Comment