Thursday 15 June 2017

Sewing Challenge - June Week 2

It is getting SO cold in Sydney, we've had some glorious days of 17-19 degrees but as soon as the sun goes down it's COLD! So, of course I'm still sewing up summer dresses.. .why? Well, I hate winter haha. I mean hate is a strong word but as my 4 year old would say, winter and I "are not best friends"

This weeks I made my friends daughter the Little Lizard King Sundancer Dress. It's a gorgeous little dress that is perfectly suited to older kiddos - there is no elastic at the back to make it look babyish and it's got a gorgeous sweetheart bodice with a fully enclosed placket at the front. 

It's not that it's not great for little kiddos either, my daughter is only 4.5 and it was perfectly cute on her, I meant more that the fitted look would really appeal to older girls as well.


I really enjoyed making this dress - the front placket was a challenge for me and I love a good sewing challenge.

I also managed to squeeze in a bit of pattern testing for Duchess and Hare, this is the Love Pattern No.9 and will release this Friday. It's a darling sundress with 3 bodice options and a skirt or playsuit or layered playsuit/skirt option. I went with the V and the straight bodice options for my girls.



It also comes with the template and instructions for a gorgeous set of butterfly wings that are completely removable and I'm still kicking myself for not giving this option a go during testing - I hope to have some time next week to make the wings and add them to the dresses I've made.





You know how I mentioned it's getting COLD in Sydney? Well, perhaps I should stop sewing sundresses and start making them winter jerseys instead hahahahah yeahhhh, probably not!

Though, I'm itching to try a hoodie pattern I've got in one of my One Thimble mags so I might get that done next week!

Till then, happy sewing 
T xx



No comments:

Post a Comment